You can access the distribution details by navigating to My Print Books(POD) > Distribution

Add a Review

प्रतिबिंब

अमित पाटील
Type: Print Book
Genre: Poetry
Language: Marathi
Price: ₹89 + shipping
Price: ₹89 + shipping
Due to enhanced Covid-19 safety measures, the current processing time is 5-7 business days.
Shipping Time Extra

Description

This book of poetry has 18 poems written over 18 years. With the first poem written at the age of 15 and the last at the age of 33, this book reflects upon the journey of the poet from his teens to adulthood. A journey so unique, yet so universal that the readers will indeed see their own reflection in it...

About the Author

Amit is an IT professional with over 10 years of experience. But he has not restricted himself to the IT field. He has regularly written sports articles, humorous stories and poems. He has also anchored professional events, delivered one-man-shows, conducted leadership sessions. Sketching too is one of his hobbies.

Book Details

Number of Pages: 44
Dimensions: 5.50"x8.50"
Interior Pages: B&W
Binding: Paperback (Saddle Stitched)
Availability: In Stock (Print on Demand)

Ratings & Reviews

प्रतिबिंब

प्रतिबिंब

(0.00 out of 5)

Review This Book

Write your thoughts about this book.

1 Customer Review

Showing 1 out of 1
Siddhesh 13 years ago

Re: प्रतिबिंब

Pratibimb reflects you. People who don’t know you for sure will enjoy the book, but I have indeed enjoyed it more than them, as I know you very well. Your sense of humor is embedded in whichever way possible in those poems.

Every poem tries to give justice to the topic on which it is written, and that fascinates me.

‘toh ani me’ depicts every individuals childhood. It very well describes in poetic ways the fun that we are missing in everyday life. Life offers so much, but in our daily routine we ignore it and miss what we could have enjoyed to the fullest. People will indeed realize that after reading this poem. You have brought their childhood upfront with this poem. It is indeed a ‘pratibimb’of everyones childhood.

‘Apurna’ reflects the different limitations each and every human being has. We all are trapped in the expectations that we have from ourselves. The more we expect from ourselves, the more we become anxious and stress encapsulates our behaviour. The world would be merrier if we stop expecting so much from ourselves.

‘Daas’ was the funniest of all. I have thought about the point that you made in this poem, but never attempted to convert it into a poem. This attempt of yours shows the ‘creative humor’ you possess, which I always find in you when we meet personally. We seriously remove our own blood after killing a mosquito.

‘Let me go’ for me has become ‘I am gone’. We are the puppets in the hands of money and fame. The more we have it, the more we want it. I left IT was a sad part initially as I had to let go so much of money. But it also feels nice that atleast I am experimenting with what I will like to do my entire life. If I achieve something out of this risk, then well and good. If not, then I will be satisfied by ‘Atleast I tried’ words. I hope someday you too start doing what you like the most.

You are indeed successful in portraying the ‘madhyamvargiya marathi’ in ‘Mama’. The ‘madhyamvargiya marathi’ as portrayed by you in this poem has been exploited by the non ‘mama’ people that the ‘Mama’ finds it difficult to live in Mumbai.

The riots of 1992 have been expressed in a serious note by ‘Majhya mana dagad ban’ and humorously by ‘Hotel’. But both try to convey the same message – The message of ignorance. Things like riots keep on continuing because of the very reason that we don’t do anything about it.

‘Kase sangu’ and ‘priyakaras’ reflects the fact that every person in their youth is young. Now I must have fallen in love for many times, and all the time I find the place in the 99% you mentioned. I hope someday the remaining 1% welcomes me.

‘Pratibimb’ is a reflection of you. Every poem reflects the creativity you possess. I am looking forward to see more poems. May the 18 poems in 18 years become 18 poems in 1 year. You just need a paper and a pen, and the poems will come automatically.

Other Books in Poetry

Shop with confidence

Safe and secured checkout, payments powered by Razorpay. Pay with Credit/Debit Cards, Net Banking, Wallets, UPI or via bank account transfer and Cheque/DD. Payment Option FAQs.