You can access the distribution details by navigating to My Print Books(POD) > Distribution
Biotechnology is one of the recent emerging fields because of its importance in areas like, biochemical, agricultural, animal husbandry, biomedical engineering, pharmaceutical industry and environment. Several broader areas of applications of recombinant DNA technology have been recognized in industry, agricultural, environment and medicine. Several foundational subjects, namely, molecular biology and biophysics have strengthened biotechnology and accelerated its development. Understanding the basic functions of macro biomolecules is indispensable and can act as a key tool in developing new techniques in several emerging areas of Biotechnology.
This book covers the syllabus of “Basic Biotechnology” paper for M. Sc. Biochemistry prescribed by Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli as Extra Disciplinary Course for their M.Sc., Students. This book attempts to present a simple, understandable text with diagrams for PG students who selected this subject as Extra Disciplinary Course.
DR. K. SHAMEEM RANI is working as Associate Professor, Research Guide and Supervisor, Department of Zoology, M.S.S Wakf Board College, Madurai – 625 020. She has more than 21 years of teaching and 10 years of research experiences. She has published more than 22 research articles in national and international reputed journals. She has attended and presented more than 40 papers in national and international Seminars/Symposia/Conferences. She has participated in 12 workshops. She has been honored by various community foundations and global science societies under different categories. She has received
1. MOTHER THERESA SADBHAWANA AWARD, 2018 - Achiever’s Association For Economic Research & Development.
2. GLOBAL ACHIEVER’S PACIFIC AWARD FOR TALENTED PERSONALITIES, 2017 - Global Society for Heath and Educational Growth.
3. BEST FACULTY AWARD, 2017 - EET CRS Research Wing for Excellence in Professional Education and Industry.
4. HAR GOBIND KHORANA MEMORIAL BEST SCIENTIST AWARD 2016-2017 - Bose Science Society.
5. BEST WOMEN ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR AWARD 2016 - PEARL Foundation.
She is also an active member in various national and international scientific forums. She has produced 1 Ph. D student to her credit.