You can access the distribution details by navigating to My Print Books(POD) > Distribution
The essential research and findings of this book lie in an analysis of currently available documentation—in the form of biographies, books, journals, newspaper articles, essays, manuscripts, letters, interviews and websites—on the life of the late North Indian (Hindustani) classical musician, composer, innovator and teacher, Dr (Baba) Allauddin Khan.
The author's intention:
– To compile a substantial report on the origins and formative life experiences of Dr Khan
– To confirm his uniqueness as a musical genius
– To demonstrate his pre-eminent position as the major influence in changing traditional concepts and other important elements of Hindustani classical music
– To proclaim and substantiate that his true musical legacy (music as a form of worship) is not afforded appropriate recognition and has been diluted by musicians and scholars alike.
Dr Sarita McKenzie-McHarg – BA(Music), MA(Sitar), MMus, PhD (Music) was born at Ujjain, India. She learned Indian folk vocals and dance from early childhood then, as a teenager, began studying sitar and Indian classical and light classical vocals.
An All India Radio artist, Sarita has performed as a singer and sitarist both in India and abroad, and enjoys the benefit of vast musical experience with both Western and Indian musicians. She recently published a collection of 75 folk songs titled "Hira Singh Borliya: Traditional Folk Songs of Malwa" – also available at Pothi.com.
Sarita's past gurus included:
* Srimati Aparna Devodhar of Mumbai, India – Sitar
* Pt Pushparaj Koshti of Mumbai, India – Sitar
* Pt Kartik Kumar of Mumbai, India – Sitar
* Ustad Khalil Gudaz of Melbourne, Australia – Sitar
* Pt Debi Prasad Chatterjee of Kolkata, India – Sitar
* Shri Hira Singh Borliya of Ujjain, India – Vocal (folk)
* Pt Ramakant Dubey of Ujjain, India – Vocal (classical)
Her current gurus include:
* Srimati Joyas Biswas of Kolkata – Sitar
* Srimati Girija Devi, Kolkata, India – Vocal (classical)
* Srimati Ragini Trivedi, Indore, India – Sitar & Surbahar
* Pt Inder Singh Bais of Delhi (light classical & stage vocals)
* Pundit Hira Lal Jhori of Ujjain (classical & folk dance)
Sarita's is available through Facebook, and her professional website can be located at: