You can access the distribution details by navigating to My Print Books(POD) > Distribution

Add a Review

The Dilemma of Muslim Divorce

Anwer Saleem
Type: Print Book
Genre: Social Science
Language: English
Price: ₹999 + shipping
This book ships within India only.
Price: ₹999 + shipping
Due to enhanced Covid-19 safety measures, the current processing time is 5-7 business days.
Shipping Time Extra

Description

Although Shariah Courts have been established for economical and speedy justice for matters including Divorce and matrimonial affairs, their credibility has been questioned regularly. They are accused of being biased against Muslim women. They have been accused of interpreting the Quran incorrectly in matters including Divorce related issues. Their patriarchal attitude and coercing women in matters relating to Divorce in favour of men is a constant source of discussion and condemnation. The inefficiency and autocratic behaviour of the Muslim Institutions, entrusted to hold the principles of Shariah, have betrayed the trust of the Muslims. In the case of Divorce, there has been a total letdown by incorrect application of the injunctions of the Quran. A case in point is the Instant Triple Talaq widely publicised to the embarrassment of the Indian Muslims. 100% of the women responded that they would like a codification of Muslim Divorce Laws provided the Islamic Injunctions were not tampered with and correctly interpreted. 90% of the women were unhappy with the All India Muslim Personal Law Board blaming them for having a patriarchal mindset and laid-back approach. The rest 10% had not heard of them.

About the Author

Anwer Saleem came to the United Kingdom in late sixty’s for further studies, after his schooling in Kolkata, India. He possesses an MA in Islamic Law which he passed with Distinction from Middlesex University in London and stood First in his Class.
Professionally he has been an International Banker in London and was also Managing Director of a Daily English Broadsheet in the United Kingdom.
Currently he is the Chairman of ‘Institute for Minority Welfare’, a registered charity in Kolkata and is also Vice President of ‘Rehnuma e Niswan, a women empowerment NGO in Kolkata.
He has been involved in the promotion of F1 car racing as well as F1H2O, speed boat racing.

Book Details

ISBN: 9781471771552
Publisher: TedPen Publications
Number of Pages: 100
Dimensions: 5.5"x8.5"
Interior Pages: B&W
Binding: Paperback (Perfect Binding)
Availability: In Stock (Print on Demand)

Ratings & Reviews

The Dilemma of Muslim Divorce

The Dilemma of Muslim Divorce

(Not Available)

Review This Book

Write your thoughts about this book.

Currently there are no reviews available for this book.

Be the first one to write a review for the book The Dilemma of Muslim Divorce.

Other Books in Social Science

Shop with confidence

Safe and secured checkout, payments powered by Razorpay. Pay with Credit/Debit Cards, Net Banking, Wallets, UPI or via bank account transfer and Cheque/DD. Payment Option FAQs.