You can access the distribution details by navigating to My Print Books(POD) > Distribution
From the writer and director of Kerala's first iPhone feature film. This book is for you if you are looking to do the following:
● Learn quickly what took Ashik five years
● Learn the dos and don’ts of smartphone filmmaking
● Make a film for a low budget and not wait for the date of a big star, or large sums of money from a producer
● Send to festivals or release it on OTT platforms
"Extensively documented. Many interesting insights"—Rahul Riji Nair, Filmmaker
"An inspiration"—Raj Bk, Actor, Filmmaker
"More important than film history and aesthetics"—Harshitha S, Filmmaker
Everyone says to go and shoot your film on a smartphone. Do it cheap. Make a low budget film. But besides a phone, what else do you need to make your first feature film? It is not stars, stunts, money, music, dance, exotic locations, camera, VFX…!
This book will help you:
● Find your caliber and hone it better
● Gain knowledge and confidence to go make your movie
● Raise money and make a micro budget film for ₹5 lakhs ($ 7,000), on a mobile phone
● Sell the movie on Amazon Prime and gain profit and international viewership
About The Writer
Ashik's aim is to make world class films. He set foot into the professional arena by writing and directing Munnariv (2020), the first ever Malayalam feature film to be shot entirely on a iPhone.
Besides Munnariv he also made over 10 short films, assisted several Ads and award-winning feature films like Ottamuri Velicham (2017). Ashik is an Engineer by degree who worked with Tata Consultancy Services in Mumbai. He quit, traveled across India soul searching and finally choose to follow his passion for stories. Besides making great films, he also loves to teach filmmaking.
This book is not for people looking to make a star studded high budget commercial movie.
The Indian Indie Film is:
● Intensive and written from experience
● A complete guide on low budget filmmaking and selling it
Go and make your film now!