You can access the distribution details by navigating to My Print Books(POD) > Distribution
The Dhatupatha of Panini gives 1943 dhatus. These are the building blocks of Sanskrit, known as the Roots of the Language. This book gives all the 1943 roots with Accents. Alternate listing of some dhatus makes the total count as 2056. However the Dhatu Serial Number is preserved so that looking up a dhatu in another book becomes easy.The Anudata, Udata and Svarita accent on a dhatu is usually not available in printed dhatupathas, so this book is a welcome addition for the Sanskrit enthusiast. In some cases the relevant Ashtadhyayi sutra is mentioned when a dhatu is difficult to conjugate.
Each Root is given the classifications of
- Parasmayepada/Atmanepada/Ubhayepada P/A/U
- Set, Anit, Vet सेट्, अनि, V
- Transitive/Intransitive स०, अ०, (द्वि०)
- the iii/1 Verb rupa(s) for Present Tense Active Voice is listed for each Root e.g. भवति, पुनाति–पुनीते, तृणोति–तृणुते–तर्णोति–तर्णुते
In addition, there are the following sections to make the book useful
- A short Dhatu Identity to quickly look up the relevant details of any Root
- A possible English Meaning for each Root
- Dhatupatha as used for Chanting/Memorization
-There are two indexes that do a complete job of locating any Root
- Alphabetical Index on original dhatus as in Dhatupatha of Panini with tag letters
- Standard Alphabetical Index on dhatus ready to be conjugated to Verbs stripped of tag letters
Well written Appendices containing the Maheshwar Sutras, the Devanagari Alphabet, and about Panini; make this book a sought for edition by the Academician or the Scholar. Immensely useful for graduate and post graduate students of Vyakarana or Vedanta.
Currently there are no reviews available for this book.
Be the first one to write a review for the book Dhatupatha of Panini.