You can access the distribution details by navigating to My pre-printed books > Distribution
Number of Pages: 74
Dimensions: 8.5 inch x 11 inch
[Paper Size: Letter]
This Book Covers The Following Topics:
01. English Verb -- ‘Take’
02. Meanings of the Main Verb ‘Take’
03. Idioms With the Word ‘Take’
04. Phrasal Verbs With the Word ‘Take’
05. Proverbs/Sayings With the Word ‘Take’
06. Useful Expressions With the Word ‘Take’
07. English Word: ‘Take’ -- Useful Notes
08. Conjugation of the Verb ‘Take’
Take is an irregular verb. Its three forms are as follows:
First Form (Base Form) -- TAKE
Second Form (Past Form) -- TOOK
Third Form (Past Participle) -- TAKEN
Present Perfect of ‘Take’ – Have/Has Taken
Past Perfect of ‘Take’ -- Had Taken
-ING Form of ‘Take’ -- Taking
Infinitive of ‘Take’ -- To Take
MOST COMMON Meanings OF “TAKE” AS The MAIN VERB ARE AS FOLLOWS:
01. to go with sb from one place to another
(take sb to sth)
The police took them to the police station.
(take sb doing sth)
He took his dog walking when it was drizzling.
(take sb to do sth)
I took him to meet his friend in the resort.
02. (take sth) to eat, drink, etc. sth
Is it possible to take salt while fasting?
Take medicine on time.
He is sick and has to take medicine five times a day for a week.
He took drugs that killed him instantly.
What are the best vitamins to take for skincare?
03. to carry or move sth from one place to another
take sth (with you)
He took his luggage and possessions with him.
(take sth to sb/sth)
She took the iron box to a local recycling bin to be discarded.
04. to need or require sth in order to happen or be done
(take sb/sth to do sth)
It will take three people to lift this box.
It doesn't take much to tame a dog.
It only takes few seconds to hurt people you love.
It did not take much persuading for him to accept the challenge.
05. to make sb/sth go from one level, position, stage, situation, etc. to another
My school teacher knew I take myself to the top.
We need to determine how many years it will take the debt to reach zero
Take your hobby a stage further and make it part of your career development.
Unity and harmony is the best way to take the country forward.
He asked them to submit a detailed proposal in order to take the matter forward.
The blend of skills required to take the company forward.
Currently there are no reviews available for this book.
Be the first one to write a review for the book How to Use the Word “Take” In English: A Comprehensive Guide to the Word “Take”.