You can access the distribution details by navigating to My Print Books(POD) > Distribution
The System Design Interview, by Lewis C. Lin and Shivam P. Patel, is a comprehensive book that provides the necessary knowledge, concepts, and skills to pass your system design interview.
It's written by industry professionals from Facebook & Google. Get their insider perspective on the proven, practical techniques for answering system design questions like Design YouTube or Design a TinyURL solution.
Unlike others, this book teaches you exactly what you need to know.
FEATURING THE PEDALS METHOD™, THE BEST FRAMEWORK FOR SYSTEM DESIGN QUESTIONS
The book revolves around an effective six-step process called PEDALS:
- Process Requirements
- Design the Service
- Articulate the Data Model
- List the Architectural Components
PEDALS demystifies the confusing system design interview by breaking it down into manageable steps. It’s almost like a recipe: each step adds to the next. PEDALS helps you make a clear progression that starts from zero and ends with a functional, scalable system.
The book explains how you can use PEDALS as a blueprint for acing the system design interview.
The book also includes detailed examples of how you can use PEDALS for the most popular system design questions, including:
- Design YouTube
- Design Twitter
- Design AutoSuggest
- Design a TinyURL solution
ALSO COVERED IN THE BOOK
-What to expect and what interviewers look for in an ideal answer
- How to estimate server, storage, and bandwidth needs
- How to design data models and navigate discussions around SQL vs. NoSQL
- How to draw architecture diagrams
- How to build a basic cloud architecture
- How to scale a cloud architecture for millions of users
- Learn the best system strategies to reduce latency, improve efficiency, and maintain security
- Review of technical concepts including CAP Theorem, Hadoop, and Microservices
HERE'S WHAT READERS ARE SAYING
I just wanted to say that I got the Amazon Senior SDE job offer. I've failed the system design interview several times, and your material is the best resource out there. - Beto A., Senior SDE
Just finished the dreaded Facebook Pirate interview. I used a modified version of PEDALS, and I had him grinning from ear to ear. - Jesse T., Software Engineer
My recruiter just gave me the Google role, and I accept!!! I couldn't have made it through the technical round without PEDALS and your system design material. - Priya D., Product Manager