You can access the distribution details by navigating to My Print Books(POD) > Distribution
This book is ideal for IT professionals who have some experience with SQL Server or Database but are looking for a rich hands-on resource with guidance to explore each of the Azure SQL administrator concepts and the solutions the cloud provider offers.
“Azure SQL Database named among the top 3 databases of 2020 according to DB-Engines..”
Azure SQL Database is primarily for SQL DBAs who are dipping their feet into the cloud world since Cloud services are becoming the de-facto platform for agile development and implementation. Numerous companies worldwide are now drifting to cloud solutions, and Microsoft Azure is one of the prominent ones.
The book is primarily designed for Cloud DBAs (with ample knowledge of SQL server) who are new to Azure and want to have a solid start and get an in-depth glimpse on advanced topics that will help them to solve day to day issues plus effectively support the Azure databases. Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure takes readers through a complete tour of understanding of fundamental Azure concepts, Azure SQL administration, Azure Management tools and techniques. This book will give an edge over to clear DP 300 exam. Increasingly, we continue to flood with information about the importance of the cloud. Cloud computing is everywhere, but not everyone knows exactly what it is and where to get started.
We try to focus more on Azure SQL and give you the foundational understanding of what the cloud really is and tell you how some of these cloud technologies can work for you, and direct you to improve your knowledge and get certified with hassle-free learning. If you find it is for you, you will pick up useful tricks and tips for making a move to the cloud as seamless as possible.
It is never too late to turn the corner from “On-premise DBA” to “Cloud DBA specialist”. In most technical discussions, we see a vast gap in cloud adoption and the reality of absorption. There is always a need to learn the Next-Gen technology. In this book, you explore the importance of understanding and managing cloud database and the skills you must build around the Cloud to face the cloud DBA certification. In addition, along the way, you will pick up great interesting insights, real-time scenario and fundamentals, concepts of Cloud, cloud management tools, test cases, and several practice solutions.
This book provides the platform for learning the advanced Azure SQL database management concepts, delivering a solid understanding of cloud infrastructure and available tools, and explaining how to implement cloud database solutions. Upon completion of the book, readers will be able to:
1. Understand Azure fundamentals and concepts
2. Design cloud infrastructure solutions with a focus on databases in mind
3. Design your environment with the right services models—DTU, VCore, Serverless Computing, SQL on Azure VM, etc...
4. Learn to administrate and manage Azure SQL with the best practices in mind
5. Implement Azure PowerShell and Azure CLI solutions to manage large infrastructures through Azure Automation, ARM templates, and more…
6. Efficient and seamless handling of Azure components
7. Design High availability and disaster recovery methodologies
8. Handle advanced diagnostics to perform troubleshooting performance issues
9. Learn analytics integration using Log Analytics and SQL Analytics
10. Perform database-related integration using Azure Logic Apps
11. Deep dive into administering relational database on Azure Cloud with DP300 certification
12. Explore the key concepts that you should consider when making a move to Azure SQL