⏺️ SUBHRASANKAR DAS , born on 1st May 1986, hails from Tripura, India. He is one of the most prominent figures of contemporary Indian literature. He is a bilingual poet, a postgraduate teacher by profession and a translator of distinct repute.
His poems are admired for their subtly, spontaneity, satire, symbolism and brevity.
4. An Anachronous Shower ( Insha Publications, Delhi, 2021 ).
He has translated some of the significant literary pieces of Shyamal Bhattacharya, Larissa Shmailao, Mario Santagostin, Linda Pastan, Trishna Basak, Padmasree Majumder and others.
Some of his poems are translated into Russian by Russian poetess Anna Halberstadt.
⏺️ English Translations by Subhrasankar Das :
[1) Bukhari ( Novel, Shadowkraft, 2020 )
2) Monster of the Jungle (Graphic adventure, Insha Publication, Delhi, 2019 )
3) Jamichhalang (Short story)
by Shyamal Bhattacharya]
4) 'Deo nodir jol' by Padmasree Majumder ( yet to be published )
⏺️Subhrasankar Das has been the host of 'International webinar on War and soldierhood' and the official Curator of 'Poesia 2021' ( Organized by the Institute of Languistics of Russian academy of Sciences, Ministry of higher education, Russian Federation ).
He has been the Delegate of IMUN ( recognized by UNESCO, UNDP and Australian Embassy )
⏺️ Journals edited by Subhrasankar Das:
1. ‘SHADOWKRAFT’( The 1st International and multilingual webzine from NorthEast. It also has a few special printed editions.)
2. ‘WATER’ ( the 1st International/ multilingual Video- magazine from NorthEast , India)
⏺️ Besides, he is a passionate music composer. Though he has not taken music as seriously as creative writing, his home-made productions are rich in lyrics, melody and innovation..
⏺️ Subhrasankar Das' verses, prose-pieces and reviews have appeared in numerous papers, magazines, anthologies, and webzines nationally and internationally.
⏺️For example :
1. Flowershop on the corner ( RedPenguin, NewYork );
2. Stand out ( US );
3.The 2021 Annual ( Aronzo Publishing, Arizona );
4. Collegiality and other ballads ( Hawakal Publishers, Delhi/kol );
⏺️ He was interviewed by Arohon ( newspaper ), All India Radio and Akash Tripura (a popular Tv channel). Some of his poems are included in the Audio CDs produced by 'Eastern school of publications' and 'Souharda Kolkata'.
⏺️ He is the recipient of :
1) Binay Padak ( kolkata )
2) Banani Shahitto somman (kollkata)
3) Tobu Oviman Sommanona (Kolkata)
4) Certificate of appreciation and publication ( Red Penguin, NewYork, America )
5) India Prime Authors Award ( Punjab, India)
⏺️ Some of his poems have been delivered as dialogues in the play
" Ekti IchchePuroner Golpo "( A story of wishfulfilment ) directed by the veteran dramatist Sri Nani Deb . The play was sponsored by 'National school of Drama', New Delhi.
⏺️ He is working on various projects for the upliftment of Northeastern Literature and for the sake of peace and creativity.